Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Seeing Santa

Visits with the mall Santa, an adorable, charming one we saw annually for 15 years, were a big part of our family’s Christmas tradition.  I miss those days.  Even though the cumulative hours spent in line with restless children weren’t much  fun, I’d gladly turn back the clock.  
A fidgety 4 year old with her 11 month old brother waiting to see Santa

Remembering my son sharing his Christmas wish list with Santa, “I’d like some paints,”  he said, only to hear Santa reply, “Oh, that will make Mrs. Claus so happy.  She’s an artist too, you know” was priceless.   

I wish I had a videotape but I don’t (a lapse in judgement, I regret).  But I love all the photos and all for different reasons.  To me,  this one is irresistible.  
I miss smocked dresses and sweaters with Christmas bears!




I framed 14  years of  photos (I think only 1 year is missing) and every year in November, I take down the picture in our main floor powder room and replace it with this. 



Last year I left it up well into spring -- I couldn’t help myself.  Afterall, how could I resist this?


No comments:

Post a Comment