Thursday, April 7, 2011

Egg Tree

For at least the last eight years I've decorated a tree in our front yard for Easter.  I usually do this about 8 - 10 days before Easter Sunday.  It is one of my favorite holiday-anticipating activities.

This was last year's tree - 


If you want to make your own egg tree, be on the lookout for the plastic eggs with two small holes already in the top (in the more pointed end). It will make your crafting much easier.


 In the top of the blue egg you can see the holes that the manufacturer so thoughtfully included 😉


You will need: a glue gun, fishing line, and plastic Easter Eggs (I use all sizes, all colors)

Open each egg.

  Place a small amount of hot glue between the two holes then thread a few inches of the line thru the holes and make sure it grabs each cut end of the fishing line. No tying is necessary.


Close the egg (of course)

 I don’t worry about my fishing line being equal lengths. Having the eggs hang a varying heights adds to the charm. My best piece of advice is the more eggs the better. I have about 3 dozen eggs on my tree.

I particularly love the eggs that are bunny shaped.

They're a little sun-bleached, but cute nonetheless.
By the time Easter has come and gone, my  little Japanese maple will be completely enveloped in leaves and my plastic eggs will be hidden in the recesses of the branches.  And that's a whole new kind of Egg Hunt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment