Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wrapping Up Christmas

I'm making good progress with my shopping this year. How about you? I've even managed to begin the wrapping process. I find it's a lot like cooking - if you don't clean as you go, you have a big mess on your hands when you get to the end. So, I'm wrapping as I go this year and I must admit, I like it.  


Perhaps I'm a bit strange, I enjoy wrapping presents.  I shun gift bags,instead spending some time choosing  the paper I will use. I've found that often times  even the most inexpensive of gifts  (hello, Big Lots and Dollar tree!, lovingly and decoratively wrapped, are a delight. 


My sister is the gift wrap master (she's an artful gift-giver too which, as we all know, is no small feat). She has wrapping paper themes and cute and appropriate gift tags and ribbon.  No doubt, she's elevated my game.  


This is  the gift wrap I'm using this year:


I love silver and gold at Christmas and, of course,  I'm a sucker for a nativity scene:


I bought these little word embellishments (5 in a package) after Christmas last year for next to nothing:
Perfect to hang on the tree later
How about Santa?  Does Santa wrap the gifts he delivers to your house?  


Santa delivers 3 presents to our children.  "If it's good enough for the Baby Jesus," we've always said and his gifts are always wrapped.  I know this makes lots of extra work for Santa and his elves (Mrs. Claus too), but Santa's special Santa paper (usually sans bows and ribbons) adds to the excitement of Christmas morning.  Plus,  little eyes that sneak downstairs in the wee hours of the morning have no idea what 'ol Saint Nick may have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment