Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Heart Month


In February of last year my cute dad had a heart attack.


It was really unexpected because he's always been active.  In fact, his heart attack followed a long afternoon of leaf raking.  Fortunately, my mom's quick thinking and a super team of EMTs got my dad to the hospital quickly where he received great treatment.  I am happy to report he is doing well; he's a super compliant patient and takes his heart health seriously.


He was so grateful for the medical care her received that he agreed to appear in an ad for the local hospital.  His photo appeared in the newspaper for a couple of months and he's since become a VERY reluctant "celebrity".  My sister managed to get him to pose in front of the ad's billboard (pretty neat, huh?).




The moral of this story: take care of your heart and no billboards will be necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment