Sunday, February 13, 2011

Conversation Hearts

What the hollow chocolate rabbit is to Easter, the conversation heart, sometimes called the sweetheart, is to Valentine's Day.   They are ubiquitous (and how often can you use that word?) and the quintessential Valentine's candy. 

I am not a conversation heart connoisseur, but I have it on good authority that the Necco conversation heart is the best, less powdery and just the right amount of sweet.  I must admit, I wish they tasted a bit more like their candy cousin, and my childhood favorite, the Necco Wafer (makes the best gingerbread house roof, ever!).


Still, I've been known to consume just a few of the 8 billion lovely sugar confections, with their irresistible catchphrases, that are produced each year. That 's why I was delighted to find the individual-size packages, in addition to the boxes, on the drugstore aisle.  


 Let's hear it for portion control!  

I also found this cute item -



That comes with all of this -



And makes 24 of these -


Of course, if you're not into candy or crafts, you can always use them to decorate!


No comments:

Post a Comment