Monday, February 14, 2011

St. Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

More than 140 million Valentine's Day cards will be sent and received today.   Count me among the enthusiastic senders (and, hopefully recipients). 

When my children were younger I loved having them create their own cards -- I'm more practical these days and am happy when they can settle upon a store bought type that they actually feel reflects their personalities.  

In our house I have a "clothes line for cards" (for lack of a better term) that hangs in our kitchen window.  

The card line, after my son's recent birthday
The card line has these great suction feet that allow me to put it up anywhere, but the kitchen window allows for maximum family enjoyment.


Just prior to a family member's birthday, the card line appears with photos from previous years' celebrations.  Then, Birthday cards are pinned there during and following those special occasions.  

But during Love Week, the line is reserved just for declarations of devotion, from grandparents, extended family and one another.  It's a happy reminder of our attachment to others in the world.  


I purchased my "card line" at the Hallmark store eons ago but recently found a similar item (except it's vertical) via another blog.  Alternately, you could make one yourself.  Here are the directions.  

I think it's  safe to say that our card line is a very own banner of love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment