Friday, March 11, 2011

Clover Cookies


Holiday enthusiast that I am, family and friends are often suggesting great ideas to me. My sister, in particular, also a holiday aficionado, has great recommendations for celebrations, events and party themes and is always on the lookout for topics for my blog.

Just recently she introduced me to these sanded clover cookies:



  
Of course, I was delighted.  Not only are these cookies adorable (and delicious), they sing to my Celtic roots and, most importantly, bring focus to  a very special day in my life -- the birth of my firstborn on St. Patrick’s Day, 1993. 

When the anesthesiologist mentioned in labor and delivery, “looks like you’re going to have a little leprechaun,"  I have to admit I was excited.  Granted, that was mostly because that indicated that my 20+ hour labor must be drawing to a close, but also because it meant our daughter would be born on March 17th; a fun, merry-making day for everyone, Irish or not.  Consequently, I love all things St. Patrick's Day including these:

 


These cookies are made in California but were purchased, all the way across the country at my local Whole Foods.  They can also be ordered online.   When I checked out Gianna's website I was delighted to discover they make other great holiday cookies too -- hello Easter bunnies and eggs and carrots! The dove is my favorite.   I love the baseball, basketballs and soccer balls, too. 

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to find a great Irish Coffee!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment