Friday, April 1, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Yesterday was Opening Day in Major League Baseball.  This had very little impact on our family.  

It didn't affect  her . . .
At a Braves game in 1996
or him . . .

A sports camp photo from 2001 (and he played a few seasons of t-ball too)
though he looks adorable doesn't he?  

or him, really . . . 
My husband played catcher on his high school baseball team. That's him rounding the bases in the spring of 1978. 

though my husband is an avid and lifelong Braves fan and he'll be watching more than a few games this season.

However, hundreds of miles away in Virginia, this guy may be the happiest member of my family to see today arrive.

I don't have a cute photo of him dressed in baseball apparel, but trust me when I say, he's got it. 
My dad is a huge fan of baseball. He roots for the Red Sox and Orioles, but we forgive him!  

Baseball great Rogers Hornsby said, "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball.  I'll tell you what I do.  I stare out the window and wait for spring" but it sounds an awful lot like something my dad could've said. 

So hooray for baseball season, the boys of summer and the inventor of the major league baseball network! Right, dad?

Play ball! 

No comments:

Post a Comment