Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May the 4th Be With You

Today is Star Wars Day: a day to celebrate all things pertaining to the movie epic Star Wars.  

And, while I've written before about what a fan I  am of Wikipedia,  just in time for today, I learned about Wookieepedia. It's true, look it up!  I can't tell you how happy this will make my son, a fan of all 6 movies.  

Long before he was old enough to see the films, he often carried his "life saver"  (the perfect malaprop for the Jedi weapon, don't you think?). That was, of course, when he loved Luke Skywalker and the Storm Troopers and before he became fascinated by Darth Vader (and James Earl Jones' hypnotic voice), which I believe may be a rite of passage for all little boys.

Speaking of, here are a couple photos just begging to be seen today:

A menacing Darth Vader threatens a flapper - Halloween 2007



And how about this?  I might try this the next time I have jury duty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment