Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Decorating

It's true.  Everything is bigger in Texas.  This Christmas season, I've seen it firsthand. And because I love holiday decorations, as I wrote about here, I'm thrilled with the over-the-top decorating unfolding all around me.  


I am going to try and take some photos over the next couple of weeks - so you can see for yourself how "in the spirit of the season" these Texans really are.  I am happy to report, it's pretty contagious.  


Today, I drove by a house and knew I had to stop and get a close-up view.  Aside from the beautiful wreaths on every window and door, they had this yard ornament(for lack of a better word):


Don't you love how the beam of light shining through the trees
emits a glow off the pages (something I only noticed after I arrived home 
and took a look at the photo).  
Now, I've seen all kinds of Christmas lights. as well as Santas in motion, happy snowmen (and even whole snowman families), life-size and live nativities and even a few glowing Menorahs and Hanukkah dreidels, but I've never quite seen anything like this 10 foot by 8 foot Bible, replete with the verse that sums up the season. 


More photos to come, but I'm pretty sure none will be as divine as this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment