Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter Wonderland?




In the 18 months, since we moved to Texas, I must admit the thing that has surprised me the most is, get this, the weather.  We'd been told (Can't remember now by who.Trust me if I could I'd be holding those folks accountable), that the weather in Dallas was remarkably similar to Atlanta's  "just 3 days earlier."  

Despite similar latitudes, Georgia is very humid and can be exceptionally warm and sometimes even hot, but we have found that Texas is arid, windy and hot.  Oh, did I mention, HOT? Yeah, it's HOT.  The weather here is, in fact, ridiculous. In the summer, it is often still over 100 degrees after dark.  

The dash in my car one September evening.
Even in the last few weeks the temperature has reached into the 80's.Thanksgiving was shorts and flip-flop weather. Our class Sunday School party was held, last Saturday night, poolside at our teacher's home (no swimming was involved, however). Yesterday, it was 75 degrees on December 9th. 

Yet, this morning, we woke up to a light dusting of snow.  Hallelujah! I'm guessing the weather will warm back up to the 70's before we say goodbye to 2012.  But for today, we're celebrating.  


No comments:

Post a Comment