Tuesday, December 28, 2010

363 Shopping Days Left

When I wrote about my post Christmas shopping plans here, I wasn't expecting a snowfall of historic proportions that would keep not only me but retail workers everywhere home on December 26th.  My sister and I managed to venture out yesterday afternoon (the 27th) with a few hundred thousand of our closest friends (at least it seemed that way at Target -- hey, maybe they're reading this blog!). 

Anyway, as I'd hoped, we managed to find a few bargains, all at least 50% off.  Here's what we were able to purchase:


  • 5 plastic shoeboxes (for Operation Christmas Child in 2011)
  • 5 rolls of gift wrap
  • 5 boxes of Christmas cards
  • 4 Christmas ornaments
  • 1 cookie sheet Advent calendar
  • 1 package Christmas tissue paper
  • 1 giant tree removal bag
  • 1 gingerbread house craft (not pictured, but more on that tomorrow)

The price tag for all this loot was $64.30!

I feel better about Christmas 2011 already.

No comments:

Post a Comment