Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Creating Christmas Treasures

During my post-Christmas shopping adventure, I stumbled upon these adorable plaster Gingerbread House crafts.  Since they were 50% off, I purchased one for a reasonable $4.99 (okay, my daughter says not reasonable, but, yes not $10, which I never would have paid). 



For the record, the store also sold miniature plaster Nativities and, despite my affinity for those, I resisted. 

I am thinking this might be a good way to fill a few hours (the kids' hours, not mine) in the more than week until they return to school. 


It came with six little pot paints but paint pens might be easier to work with. 

If you have younger children, you could have your children paint one (or one of the Nativities -- I know, I'm shameless) and give it as a gift next year to grandparent(s),  a teacher (with every child in the class painting a portion), or anyone else else who adores your kid.

It's certain to be a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment