Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Craft



I stumbled upon a great online resource for the holidays, Organized Christmas.  The best part is there are lots of good Thanksgiving (and other holiday ideas) there too.  


Of course, I always love the idea of creating a fun, easy holiday craft.  These Thanksgiving Blessing mix favors fit the bill perfectly.  The good news is there's still plenty of time to purchase and create these before the big Turkey Day.  I bet kids would have fun assembling these too.   


I created mine using the bag toppers  but the gift tags are also adorable.  Here's the recipe (along with my slight modifications):


2 cups Bugles brand corn snacks
2 cups small pretzels (be sure to use the tiny twists)
1 cup candy corn
1 cup dried fruit bits or raisins (I used Sun Maid raisin/cranberry mix)
1 cup peanuts or sunflower seeds (I used roasted/salted almonds instead)
1 cup M&Ms-brand chocolate candy (I searched high and low for a bag of the autumnal colors but was told that after Halloween they disappear from the store shelves.  I settled for a traditional bag and removed the red and blue)
16 Hershey's-brand chocolate kisses



The finished product


A basket of blessings.
Have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment