Friday, December 10, 2010

The Childrens' Table



Sitting at the kids' table was awesome when I was growing up. I know for certain that there were at least one or two adults in my family who would have welcomed the opportunity to sit with "us kids" at the card table in the living room -- no kidding.  Sure “graduating” to the grown-ups’ table was a much anticipated rite of passage, but I still think the kids’ table rocked.  You could  eat just the things you liked and didn’t have to push the food around on your plate.  Eating dessert first, that was okay too. And there were inside jokes, lots of inside jokes. 

So, right now,  I’m thinking about preparations and seating for a crowd at the holidays. Alas, I don’t really have a crowd but I still try to think about ways to make those who aren’t fortunate enough to sit at the kids' table (if there was one) even more “jealenvious” (it’s a word, you can look it up).  

Last year, I had a crush on  these little Lego sets and placed one at each of the kids’ seats.   They were not too expensive and oh, so cute. 





This year I’m using these Slinky Jr. toys  as napkins rings. 


Think they’ll be a nuisance?!  I’ll let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment