Thursday, December 9, 2010

O Little Town of Bethlehem

I am not a collector.  Okay, maybe a sort of collector.  I have a few teacups and saucers (mostly inherited from my grandmothers) and an assortment of childrens’ books (but only the classics, or ones with super cute illustrations).  If I was going to collect anything in earnest, however, I would collect these:

The delightfully retro plastic one in the front right is a personal favorite.
 
These little nativity scenes are adorable and, at least to me, made only more adorable by their miniature nature.  I can think of little that is more precious than a teeny baby Jesus.  I display these creches all year long. 

My sister brought this one to me from her vacation in Mexico. It came in a little 2 inch by 3 inch silver-plated box.  The photo quality is not very good and I think one of the wise men is AWOL (perhaps he preferred the Central American climate), but I don’t mind.  The cow, the sheep and the donkey are too cute. 


This one, however, is my favorite.
Look what's inside when you lift the top! I know, cute right?

Again,  this one is from my sister’s travels to Mexico.  Hey, it just dawned on me, if I could ever get to Mexico, I could start a real collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment