Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Candy


When I posted about Christmas cookies and the success of my shortbread, my husband objected.  He said incredulously, "What about the Nut Clusters?"  So here, without fanfare, is the recipe for a candy that is super easy and very tasty (just ask my husband).

You will need




a large, microwave safe measuring cup
white bark coating
chocolate bark coating
salted peanuts
small (mine are 1.25 inch) foil (paper wouldn't be sturdy enough) baking cups

Using the microwave, I melt equal parts chocolate and white bark coating in a measuring cup (I use 4 cubes each). I start with one minute and then continue melting thirty seconds each time until it looks like this:





Add peanuts (as few or many as you like) and stir thoroughly.  Spoon into baking cups and allow to harden.  For easier cleanup, you might want to place the empty cups on wax or parchment paper before you begin. Unless you want  your countertop to look like this when you are done.



There is no need to refrigerate your completed candy, though I sometimes do.  I have also made these a week or two ahead of time and placed them in the freezer until needed. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment