Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Day After Christmas - Just 364 Shopping Days Left!

Not every year, but more often than not, I manage to do a little post-
holiday shopping on the 26th of December.  Because while Black Friday shopping has never tempted me,  I do love the real bargains that exist right after Christmas.

So while I know it's not yet Christmas 2010, it might be time to think a little bit about an after Christmas strategy.  Because if you’re a planner, you can purchase not just some of next year’s Christmas gifts, but a birthday gift or two for the year to come. 

I try not to be overly ambitious and I generally limit my shopping to two or three stores.  I usually include Target on my list simply because of the wide variety and quality of merchandise.  A couple of years ago I purchased adorable pink flannel sheets for my niece for $5. Christmas pajamas, slippers and robes can often be found at a great price too. 

Gift wrap and Christmas cards can also be a a terrific deal so I try to include a gift/stationery store.  There  I  can usually find inexpensive gifts for teachers and others. If you have a dollar limit for gifts this can be a great time to get something significant but well within your budget. 

Next Christmas is coming, so if you have the energy, a place to store things (where you won’t forget about them), time to plan  and a few extra dollars, a little after Christmas shopping can definitely be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment