Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's (Almost) Love Week!




In two days (yes, oddly, it will be a Friday) my family will mark the beginning of a 7 day celebration at our house. 


It's Love Week.  

As the About Me portion of my blog says, the week of February 11th through the 17th is our family's own 7-day celebration.   


It begins with the anniversary of the day my husband and I met (February 11th),  which was an unseasonably warm winter day in Washington, D.C. Halfway through the week is the all important St. Valentine’s Day.  Our celebration week culminates with the anniversary of our engagement  (February 17th in Williamsburg, Virginia), the year after we met.


So every day, for the next 7, we'll try to do something sweet or kind (sweeter and kinder, than usual, I mean), but not elaborate, for each other.  I especially enjoy leaving small tokens for my children each day of the week and sending my husband a card or two to his office.

Perhaps, like us, you'll invent your own day to celebrate. Or you'll decide that some things, like L-O-V-E, deserve not just a day, but a whole week of celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment