Sunday, February 6, 2011

Still Relevant At Any Age

by artist Steve Penley

Today marks the 100th Birthday of Ronald Wilson Reagan.  

When living in Washington, D.C., in my early twenties, my job in the non-profit world was not well-paying, but it did have lots of perks.  My boss was friends with the White House photographer and managed to get us into the Rose Garden ceremony when Reagan welcomed the Dodgers following their World Series victory.  

My boss also managed to secure this photo for me (thanks, Tony!).  It's one of my favorite keepsakes from my time working in the Nation's Capital.   I prefer not to think about the fact that it was probably signed by the auto-pen because I love the photo. 
    

Happy Birthday cowboy and President, Ronald Reagan!











No comments:

Post a Comment