Friday, February 4, 2011

A Sweet Valentine's Day Treat

Valentine's Day is such a great holiday -- you can express your love for anyone and everyone regardless of the intensity or depth of your emotions.  It could be a passionate love that will last forever,  a Sally Field Oscar moment ("really, really like"), or just someone whose talents and abilites (like a gifted teacher) you appreciate.  

I plan to write more about Valentine's Day (and our family's LOVE week) in the next few days, but right now I wanted to share a cute, super easy recipe that I found on The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website.

They are called Valentine's Day Buttons

Just 3 simple ingredients:



Pretzel Snaps
white or pink melting disks (I used white, because the pink ones reminded me of Pepto Bismal)
and red or pink chocolate candies (I removed the white later, when I realized they wouldn't show up against the white melting disks)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Place pretzels on baking sheet (pretty side up).  Place melting disk on each one.  

I know.  I need a new cookie sheet
Place in oven for just 2 minutes. Remove and place one chocolate candy on to the center of each disk.  This could easily be a two person job - one person to put the candy on and another to push down a bit to really get the candy in place. Either that or don't make too many at a time -- otherwise you are rushing to finish before the disks set.   Place your cookie sheet in a cool place (I used my refrigerator)  to set. 

 The finished product.  My future as a food stylist in doubt, trust me when I say these are so much cuter than my photography skills do justice.  



Now you can share these with your kids (wouldn't they be a fun lunchbox surprise?), your kids' friends, a teacher or just anybody.  They would also make a great party treat or favor.  Maybe you could even have a few yourself. 

I plan to put mine in these cute little bowls I found for 99 cents at my local craft store and share with some special friends.  




No comments:

Post a Comment