Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy (Belated) International Juggler's Day


Believe it or not, juggling has two holidays.  So, while this year I managed to miss International Juggler's Day (April 18th), I'll be sure and celebrate World Juggler's Day, which is observed on the Saturday closest to June 17th (in 2011, that's June 18th) in just 8 short weeks.  I've already marked my calendar. 

Both holidays of course "celebrate the skill of juggling, and those talented people who can juggle many balls and objects at a time."

Juggling is a skill and form of entertainment that has been around for thousands of years, but it is most well documented in Medieval times in Europe.

And I'm guessing it's so much fun, two days (one for the nations and one for the whole earth) are needed to celebrate (kinda like the city so nice, they named it twice)!

So for your viewing pleasure, here's one of my two favorite juggling guys (early on in his juggling career)! 



No comments:

Post a Comment